Monday, December 31, 2012

Goals 2012 - How did I do?

Last year I posted my 2012 New Year's Goals here to keep myself accountable.  While going through these one thing I'm going to remember is:
If it's important to you, you will find a way.  If not you'll find an excuse.
So, let's see what ended up being important to me this year.

ACTING/CAREER: Goals Achieved:5  Got Close:4
  • Attend class unless working an acting gig or sick.  *Mostly. Although, towards the end of the year when I was going to 4 classes a week I played hooky a couple times.*
  • Work on scenes from plays I can put up. *I did work on scenes from plays, but we never got any of the plays up. Next month, I will be in "Boy's Life."*
  • Read two plays a month. *I lost count. Some months I read more, other months I reread old plays. In the end I am happy with the number of plays I read.*
  • Find and attend a good on-camera class to supplement my acting classes. *I attended an on-camera commercial class.*
  • Complete editing on both my films before the PWFF early bird deadline. *One made it for the early bird deadline. The other made it by the late deadline.*
  • Write and produce two more shorts this year. *We are halfway done filming one short I wrote. I didn't get a second one done, unless you count the 72 Hour Film Fest.*
  • Continue to help at the agency once a week. *Went to the agency most weeks.*
  • Find three casting offices that I can help out at as a reader. *I did!*
  • Blog every Monday. *This will be my 47th blog this year. I did miss a couple weeks and some weeks were late - but I think that's an okay record.*
HEALTH: Goals Achieved:1  Got Close:1  Did Not Do:1
  • Do something exercise-like at least 4 times a week. *Haha, yeah, not even close.*
  • Cook at least 3 homemade dinners a week. *I didn't keep track, some weeks I made dinner every night, other weeks we ate more fast food than I would like to admit.*
  • Make my own cleaning supplies.  Including laundry detergent and Windex. *I made both detergent and Windex. Plus, I tried to use cheaper, more natural cleaning products like baking soda.*
PERSONAL: Goals Achieved:1  Got Close:2  Did Not Do:1
  • Do one craft per week. *I made a lot of crafts, but by halfway through the ear the one a week goal was too much - plus, I didn't have room for all these crafts.*
  • Go see/do one cultural thing per week. *I did a lot of cultural stuff this year, but again the once a week goal was overwhelming. I am happy with the amount of culture I got.*
  • Work on those novels.  Write 2 pages a day and reach 300 pages of a rough draft by August. *Nope, not even close.*
  • Have friends over at least twice a month for movie night, dinner party, etc.  Can be low-key. *We had lots of small events throughout he year including Walking Dead nights and movie nights.  I am pleased with our social life this year.*
Now, it's time for me to start working on my 2013 Goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment