Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Do you have support?

Yesterday, I spent the 4th with my extended family. All day we ate and gabbed.  It was wonderful and I got to see how very lucky I am. (This is also my excuse for being a day late with my blog.)

I have an amazing support network of aunts, uncles, and cousins who love me unconditionally and are guaranteed to repost anything I put on Facebook (probably including this blogpost.) On days when I am feeling down for not getting more movie or TV work, one thing that keeps me from really beating myself up is knowing how proud my family is for what I have done. With their support I know I can keep trying to do this crazy career. 

Not everyone has such a supportive family and my suggestion to you is to create your own. If your family wants you to just go to Law School already then make your friends your support network. Find a group of like-minded people and support each other. 

Remember friends are the family you get to choose, so choose well. If you are friends with people who aren't supporting your career, why are you friends with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment