Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Magic Pill for Success?

With all the (not-so-surprising) news about Lance Armstrong's doping admission, it makes me wonder what I would do if there was a magic pill that would guarantee me an Oscar.  Would I take it?

I don't know.  I mean, it would be tempting.  Plus, there is the thought that if such a pill existed I am sure most of my competition would take it (which was one of Armstrong's rationalizations.)  I know people in the business who seem to be willing to run over their own grandmother if they thought it would get them ahead.  It can be so cutthroat and people will take any advantage.

But then, I think about the energy, time and hard work I have put towards this dream.  At the times that I have found success, there is a satisfaction in the fact that I didn't come by it easily. 

Since there is no magic pill.  I'll keep on going to class, reading plays, watching movies, keeping up with the trades.  And, working as much as I can as an actor.

This weekend I get to act in two plays at Playhouse West.  Saturday night I'm in a preview of Boy's Life and Sunday night we are bringing back the hugely popular A Mixed Tape.  Hope to see y'all there!


1 comment: