Monday, May 14, 2012

How to Keep my Goals

Since the beginning of this year, I've been making an effort to focus on my career.  I started by created some professional goals to help me measure how I am doing.

As you know some of this work has already paid off.  I got to film a co-star role on a pilot for USA Network, I'll keep you updated if it airs.  I also completed three short films that have been accepted to the Playhouse West Film Festival.  Plus, I've been cast in a couple projects that are set to start filming in the next couple months.

But, one thing that helps me keep track of the goals I set is by telling you guys how I am doing with them.  So, here is how I did in the month of April (a couple weeks late.)

Goal: Attend class unless working an acting gig or sick.
Actual: I believe I missed a day or two when I was helping out at a casting office.

Goal: Work on scenes that from plays I can put up.
Actual:  Still working on "Vanities."

Goal: Read two plays a month.
Actual: I actually read a ton of plays to find a scene for a web series I am involved with.  So, I am probably good for the next few months.

Goal: Find a good on-camera class.
Actual: GOAL COMPLETED!
**UPDATE ON GOAL: Attend acting workout sessions that my friend, Tammy Taylor, is setting up with actor friends.**

Goal: Complete editing on my films for the Playhouse West Film Festival.
Actual: All three of my films were accepted to the festival.   Final touches happening on ALL YOU NEED, just waiting on final sound.
**UPDATE ON GOAL: I want to submit All You Need to 10 more major film festivals by the end of the year.**

Goal: Write and produce two more shorts this year.
Actual: I have two new shorts written and hope to start filming them after the film festival.

Goal: Help at the agency once a week.
Actual: It's been very slow, but I have been helping out when I can.

Goal: Find three new Casting offices to help out as a reader.
Actual: One new one and one old one.  I'd like to find two more new ones!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job, Michelle! Way to keep yourself accountable! Looks like you're doing everything you should be and I know it's going to keep paying off for you.
    Oh, and I sincerely hope you wrote me into at least one of the two shorts you'll be producing soon (darn it, I will work with Michelle again soon!)
    ;)

    ReplyDelete