Monday, January 2, 2012

Who is Keeping you Accountable?

Every New Years we make resolutions.  Last week, I wrote about the proper way to set goals.  But, once you figure out what your goals are, what keeps you from forgetting about them a month from now?

First, make sure you post your goals somewhere that would force you to see them as often as possible.  You could print them out and tack them to your mirror, make them the home screen on your phone, or do what I did and make them public by posting them on your blog.  You can see my 2012 goals here.

This leads to the second step on how to keep your goals.  Find a partner who will hold you accountable.  Get a close friend to meet you once a week or so for coffee and discuss where you are at with the goals you set.  By posting mine, I am using all of you to keep me accountable.  I will update once a week to keep me honest on my professional goals. 

For my personal goals I started a new blog called Getting Crafty and Cultured in Los Angeles, where I try to become more like Martha Stewart but on a budget. 

Hope everyone's New Year started fabulously! 

Good luck with all your New Year's goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment