Monday, May 23, 2011

There is No Vacation from Following Your Dreams.

For my birthday this year I took a vacation.  I left LA for a week and did my best to not look at the breakdowns or obsess over what I wasn't getting called in on.  This week I tried to have a break where I didn't have to think about all this acting "career" stuff.  Sounds easy, right?

It isn't.  I already told you in my last post, It's Your Audition, Own It, I had to self-tape an audition while I was away. The truth is that I loved that I had to do that.  Whenever I take any break from my work towards my dreams, I am filled with regret.  I fear missed opportunities.

That is what makes pursuing your dreams so much different from so many other professions.  There are no true vacations and you always take your work home with you.

Since it is the last day of my vacation and blog writing is not my dream, I will keep this post short and end it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment