Monday, October 8, 2012

Where is your Passion?

I recently watched an amazing documentary called, "Jiro Dreams of Sushi."  Every artist out there needs to start streaming this movie off of NetFlix right now.  Seriously, go do it, I'll wait ...

... great, welcome back.  How good was that film?  Did you see why I think every artist needs to watch it?  There is so much there for actors and artists.  One point I really wanted to talk about was Jiro's passion.

Jiro is so passionate about his sushi and making it absolutely perfect.  It is all he thinks about; he even dreams about it.  It's his love, so much so that he hates to take a day off from his sushi restaurant.

That passion is poured into every bite of sushi he creates and has earned him the title of best sushi chef in the world. 

This is how passionate you need to be about your acting career. 

Yes, there are days when I'm feeling crappy about myself and I don't want to get out of bed to go to class, but I do.  Actually, those are the days I probably need it the most.  Once I'm on stage all that other crap falls away and I remember why I do this.  I love acting and it makes me feel whole to be on stage.

Jiro has spent 80 years perfecting his craft and that passion has never left.  So, when you are feeling down about your career, remember it takes a lifetime to reach your full potential at anything.  Keep working and remember to never lose that passion.

With passion for your art, plus hard work you will find success in this world.  It may not be the success you thought you'd find, but it will make you an amazing artist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment