Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What you can do in a Weekend

As you know from my last blog, What I Learned at the 72 Hour Film Festival, I made a movie last weekend for the Playhouse West 72 Hour Film Festival.  Over this past weekend, they screened all the films.

Our film, Grow A Pair, may not have won any awards, but I am extremely proud of what we made and I got lots of wonderful comments from the people who saw the films.  Plus, I am pretty sure we would have won Best Black Eye Created by a Non-Makeup Artist and Best Use of a Muddy Waters Song had those been a categories.

Today I wanted to share with you all the final product, so that you can see that it truly is possible to create a quality short film that tells a complete story in less than 72 hours.  Here it is:




Congratulations to everyone who made participated in this festival.  It's a cliche', but everyone who made a film is truly a winner.

One last thing, I want to give credit to the fabulous cast and crew of "Grow A Pair":
Directed by Marilyn Porayko
Written by Michelle Coyle, Christina Maria Davis, Somya von Eames
Cinematography by Nick Weidner
Edited by Brian Finifter
Cast:
Alex Aquino
Michelle Coyle
Christina Maria Davis
Nat Dixon
Somya von Eames
AJ Eloy
Jamie Israel
Jermaine Johnson
Elyte Salna

Thanks, y'all!!!

3 comments:

  1. Great! Funny, engaging, and in the end, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched it Michelle! It was a great little short and both me and Ai were impressed.

    Tad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent stuff. Well done you guys!

    ReplyDelete