Monday, March 21, 2011

Have You Tried Asking?

A couple months ago I came across this video on YouTube: Please Give Me One Million Dollars.  This guy does these videos asking for, well, one million dollars.  Funny video, right?  About a month later I saw this: Please Give Me One Million Dollars - Success!  That's right, someone actually gave him one million dollars and all he did for it was ask.  My first response naturally was that is ridiculous!

My second response, why didn't I think of that?! 

Then I started to think about what I really want, even more than a million dollars, the chance to work in my chosen profession as an actor.  (Although, if anyone wants to give me a million dollars I will gladly accept it.)  That's when I went on YouTube and asked for a part in one of my favorite series, Battlestar Gallactica, in An Open Letter to Ronald D. Moore.

Has it worked yet?  Well no, but it took four years for Erik Weiner to get a role on "Boardwalk Empire" after his brilliant video One Line on the Sopranos.

While I wait to see if Ronald Moore ever contacts me, I might as well try for something else, like a role in the new Star Trek film:

 

So, what do you really want?  Why not just ask for it?

1 comment: