Monday, June 13, 2011

Some Film Festival Inspiration

I spent a very inspiring weekend at the Playhouse West Film Festival.  Three days of films, mostly shorts and every film involved Playhouse West students.  I have worked at this festival for the past 6 years and I am particularly proud of this year's film selections.  We had so many well made films with tight writing and good acting. 

I am a little disappointed in myself for not having a film in the festival this year.  I helped out on a few projects as a PA and such, but nothing more.

So, I want to take this opportunity to make a promise to myself and to all of you that I WILL HAVE A FILM IN THE FESTIVAL NEXT YEAR!!!

Congratulations to all the filmmakers who got off their tush this year and produced such wonderful work.  Throughout the festival, the advice most of the filmmakers give is to just go out there and do it.  That's exactly what I plan on doing as soon as I take a nap since working the festival is not just very inspiring but also extremely exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment